Individual Counseling in Troy, MI
When life seems too hard – wouldn’t it be nice to have expert support & guidance? Our Troy & Rochester counselors are here to help with life’s challenges.
Whether it is due to stress, frustration, financial concerns, loneliness, disappointment or transition, many individuals will experiences difficult times in their life which lead to a greater need for support and resources. For some individuals these resulting symptoms may be new, for others they may be long-standing. Whatever the case, therapy is a place that can help you find the support and resources that you need to be at your best.
Individual therapy is often sought for the following:
- Recurrent relationship problems
- Family issues
- Addictions and addictive behavior
- Trouble focusing at work, school, or elsewhere
- Feelings of fear and anxiety after traumatic events
- Problems controlling compulsions surrounding body image and weight management
- Grief and loss
- Divorce and coping with termination of a relationship
- Stress management
Not sure if you’d benefit from counseling? People benefit from seeing therapists when:
- Faced with life changes like divorce, loss, unemployment, or illness.
- A bad habit or addiction is causing them to alter their every day life to accommodate it.
- Anxiety keeps them from sleeping, socializing, or engaging in activities they used to like.
- Depression is causing them to withdraw from family & friends or is affecting their ability to work.
- They feel like they’re not in control of how they react to things.
Sessions with our therapists…
- Help you tackle change with calm and understanding.
- Give you strategies and guidance to overcome negative behaviors and addictions.
- Create a forum to discuss reasons for your worry and how to prevent anxiety in the future.
- Provide understanding of the root causes of depression and prevention strategies.
- Give you strategies to get in control of your life and emotions.
Should you decide to contact us, you have our assurance that your inquiry will be handled promptly and confidentially. Please read “Things to consider before seeking help at a psychology clinic” for more information about how we strive to make your experience at GLPG as private and comfortable as possible.