Our Commitment to Continued Health and Safety
With stay-at-home orders being lifted, we aim to ensure the health and wellbeing of our clients and staff in the following ways:
- Clinical staff will follow CDC guidelines and maintain safe distancing.
- Office seating in the waiting rooms and in therapy offices will be arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- Magazines and other commonly touched items will be removed from the waiting rooms. This includes the removal of our iPad Kiosk Check-In System.
- We have implemented a mobile check-in system available at checkin.glpg.net that enables a contactless check-in process upon arrival.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands frequently.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol will be readily available in our waiting rooms.
- All appointments will be scheduled at staggered intervals to minimize the number of people in our waiting rooms at any given time.
- We will ask all clients to wait in their cars or outside our office suites until no earlier than 5 minutes before their appointment times.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Environmental cleaning throughout our offices has been increased and common areas will be thoroughly disinfected and sanitized daily.
- Online therapy is available for individual therapy sessions as well as couple and family sessions and is covered by most insurance plans.
All clients and staff entering the offices are asked to screen themselves daily using the following criteria:
- Do you have a sustained fever over 100°?
- Do you have a cough, or have you been coughing in the last three weeks?
- Are you having difficulty breathing or other respiratory issues?
- In the last 14 days, have you had close contact with someone who has COVID-19?
- Have you recently traveled out of the country or to a large U.S. city such as New York in the last 21 days?
If any of the criteria above apply to you, or, if you have been exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19, please do not enter our office buildings. Call us at (800) 693-1916 to reschedule an appointment for a later date at least 14 days from now. In-office appointments can also be changed to online therapy appointments as needed. Please call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If you think you may be sick, contact your medical doctor immediately.
Protect Yourself & Others
These general guidelines will help to make sure office health and safety standards are upheld.
- Wash your hands frequently, especially after using the restroom, coughing/sneezing, smoking, or touching your face. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, using soap every time. Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands, even in the case if you are wearing a protective mask (remove the mask with straps from behind the ears; discard without touching the exterior of the mask).
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please try to cover with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash, and wash your hands immediately. If tissue is unavailable, cough into your elbow instead of your hands.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid handshakes, hugs, and any other personal contact with others in the offices.
- Practice social distancing: Maintain a distance of 6 feet between yourself and others (based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). If you prefer to wait in your vehicle, ask your therapist if they can call your cell phone when they are ready to see you.
- Wear face coverings in common/public areas and wherever social distancing is not possible.