Karen Farrar is a Master’s prepared Licensed Clinical Social Worker. After graduating with honors from Michigan State University, I devoted my career to working toward empowering individuals and families who are seeking to regain control of their lives. I have diverse clinical experience in areas of:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Major Depression Disorders
- Bi-polar disorder (Type I and II)
- Marriage and Family Conflict
- Personality Disorders (with confirmed diagnosis by board certified MD specially trained in diagnosing psychological disorders)
- Life stage development changes (specialty in geriatric community)
- Sexual Abuse/Assault (adolescent and young adult women)
- Alzheimer’s / Dementia (support for families)
- Attention Deficit Disorder / Attention Deficit with Hyperactivity Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
It is imperative to work together toward self-empowerment through strategic individualized treatment goal planning. I firmly believe in dual participation in order to achieve a successful outcome. Utilization of a dual approach to the therapeutic process through cognitive restructuring of maladaptive behavioral tendencies, as well as self-empowerment therapy has proven to be an effective method toward achieving the positive changes in the lives of my clients.
Lets face it—life can be challenging at times. It is my firm belief that true power comes from seeking to understand why we, as human beings, respond to circumstances that occur in our lives in certain ways. A pro-active approach of self-analysis promotes the healing process, which allows one to become an active participant in their life. My commitment remains steadfast to work with people who are struggling to find their foothold in life due to circumstances beyond their control. I firmly believe that it is the strength and resolve of our humanness that brings us to places of higher awareness and understanding. Regardless of a diagnosis that seems either innocuous or overwhelming—we can become stronger if we have the will to not just survive—but to prevail and thrive.
- Humana Military (Tricare East)
- Priority Health
- TriWest (VA/Veteran's Affairs)