Family Counseling in Dearborn
A loving family is a gift – but more often than not, happy & healthy relationships don’t form without putting in the effort to keep them that way. Our Dearborn family therapists are here to give you the skills to make your family life everything you’ve always wanted it to be.
Family counseling helps to promote better relationships and understanding within a family. It may be incident or time period specific, such as through the duration of a divorce or after experiencing trauma. Alternatively, family counseling can address the needs of the family when one family member suffers from a mental or physical illness that alters his or her behavior or habits in negative ways, such as during depression or PTSD. Our Dearborn family counselors help families reflect on new and better ways of communicating with each other and foster closer, more secure emotional attachments.
Should you seek family therapy? Ask yourself:
- Is your family life characterized by constant conflict and tension or emotional distance and stress?
- Are you a blended family struggling to create a new family after divorce and remarriage?
- Do you dread family interaction because of a past or present conflict?
- Do you feel sad or alone, despite being surrounded by family?
- Do you sometimes feel jealous when you see other families interacting in a warm and mutually-supportive way?
Family counseling is used to:
- Regain communication between parents, teens, and extended family
- Decrease stress from major life changes, like having a baby, getting married or divorced
- Support and guide grief over the loss of a loved one
- Adjusting to changes in the family unit, like when children go to school or teens move out
- Strengthen the family as a whole, making time together enjoyable
- Putting individual symptoms in context of their impact on the family as a whole
If you answered yes to any of the above, you would likely benefit from family therapy. Contact us today!
Other topics related to family counseling:
Ready to get started?
We’ll help match you with a licensed therapist who accepts your insurance and is available to see you online or in person.