Major Michigan insurance plans are waiving copays and deductibles for online counseling in these uncertain and unprecedented times.
People are needing support now more than ever. Understandably, the impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is leaving many feeling anxious, depressed, and isolated. With strict stay-at-home orders in place, businesses are shutting down leaving many people out of work, losing income, and stuck at home. In response to the growing need for affordable remote mental healthcare, the following insurance companies have announced that most online behavioral healthcare sessions are available at no cost to the patient for a limited time:
- Aetna* (through September 30, 2020)
- Aetna EAP
- Anthem* (through September 30, 2020)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan – Medicare Advantage (through December 31, 2020)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan – Messa Plans (through December 31, 2020)
- Blue Care Network – Medicare Advantage (through December 31, 2020)
- HAP* (through December 31, 2020)
- Humana (through December 31, 2020)
- Priority Health* (through December 31, 2020)
- UnitedHealthcare* (through September 30, 2020)
- UnitedHealthcare EAP
- Ulliance EAP
* Varies by plan
If your insurance company is not waiving the costs for online therapy, rest assured that we will provide a cost estimate prior to your first visit so you can determine if online therapy is right for you. Online benefits typically match in-person office visit benefits. To verify your coverage, reach out to our knowledgeable scheduling staff directly by calling (800) 693-1916 or emailing email@example.com.
If you are struggling and in need of resources during the COVID-19 pandemic, online therapy may be the right fit for you. Research shows that online therapy sessions are an effective form of psychotherapy.
It’s easy to get started with online therapy at GLPG. We have hundreds of therapists covering a wide range of specializations, and we’re confident we can help you find the right therapist for your needs. Online therapy is available for individuals, couples, and families.